Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I am lazy and I do not want to do anything....

Welcome to my world! I am lazy and I do not want to do anything. Do you know how often I have had to admit to myself that was MY issue. OR, the ever famous, I just don't have time for that....


So, how true is that, no matter what we are doing with our time, the time still passes. So, what we need to decide is are WE worth OUR time? So many of us will do anything for anyone.... But how often does that include ourselves? What was the last thing you did for you? When was the last time you treated yourself? We need to find time for ourselves as well. Have you ever been on an airplane? You know when they are doing all of the hand signals, and no one can hear them BUT they are telling you what to do in an emergency situation... They stress that you MUST put the oxygen on YOURSELF before your children or neighbors.. And most of us are like NO WAY... BUT If you can not breathe you can not help them at all. And that is a very valid point. We can not continue to help others or be there for others if we are not taking care of ourselves also. 


So, NO this is not going to be easy... But who said anything easy was worth it. :) What I want you to do for yourself right now is to let yourself know that you are going to have bad days, and you are going to slip up. and that IS OK!!!!! Accept it now that you are NOT perfect, and you don't need to be. It is not about beating yourself up for not meeting this goal, or not doing what you intended to do today. We need to start smaller, A LOT smaller. Let's celebrate each small step in the right direction. 

I am not going to focus on the cookie I had for breakfast... (Oops) However, I am going to be proud that I stopped and did 40 jumping jacks, and I did a TWENTY second wall sit! Do those even out for the calories in that cookie, NOPE. But I will celebrate that I took that time and did something positive for myself to make ME better!


I think once we stop making excuses for everything we are able to appreciate all of the small positive steps that we do. I will not focus my energy on trying to make excuses for what I did wrong. I will focus my energy on being positive and knowing that I made some good choices today, and I will keep trying to be better then I was last week!


OK, so HEAR ME on this one first! No one said you have to do one hour!!! DO YOU HEAR ME??? Please don't start there!! If that is where you start and you make it through the hour, you will be in so much pain later and tomorrow and all week, that you will not want to work out again! I can almost promise that! If you want to go for a walk, and you end up walking for an hour, OK. But PLEASE don't push it. The picture above is just to put that image in your head of when we say I don't have time for that.. You have time for 4% of your day to work on your health! And you know what, if you don't thats ok! Maybe you would rather binge watch Netflix. I am not judging, I enjoy my Netflix! Work with it then, Do some squats while watching, do some jumping jacks, march in place, do a wall sit. Incorporate it into what you want to do! You CAN do this!


Now, please always keep going! After the first week or two please don't give up if you don't see results! Please understand it takes more time! You see yourself everyday, and you are your worst critic! So, if you look in a mirror now and can pick out every flaw... then guess what after two weeks of working out when you look in the mirror you are still going to see every flaw. That is how you have trained your mind to think about everything. We have to rewire our brains and change the way we think. Focus on the positive! Now, there will be some tough love, but we all need a kick in the tush here and there. 


Do you know how many times I have started over.. or tried again... I can't even count them all anymore. I only had to start over because I gave up. Hence the new focus of just positive thinking. I was focusing on the negative and was stuck in a very bad habit of, well I already had one cookie, let me eat the rest of the pack and I will just try again tomorrow since today is busted. Now, you see that negative thinking there. I was giving up before I even started. NO MORE!!


Do you love yourself? If you are focusing on the negative, or not seeing the beautiful person you are in the mirror, then you are not loving yourself. You need to start with yourself. You need to truly fully love yourself. At least start to. Start to work on finding the positives. Don't look at the parts of your body that you do not like, Focus on the parts that you DO like! (Again, time to rewire that brain!)


If you are married, or have ever been in a committed relationship, you know they take work, compromise, communication, trust, blood, sweat, and tears. You need to give all of that to yourself and your fitness and health as well! You can't cheat on yourself, you are only hurting yourself when you do. 


I don't even consider the first two choices anymore. My only choice is to give my all to myself. 



Please remember to drink water, start somewhere if you don't already drink a lot of water. It does help!



If you haven't had the best support system do it because they said you couldn't. Sometimes that is the best motivator for some people. 
There are a million different ways to do everything. Everyone will learn a different way. What works for me may not work for you. Let's figure out what does work for you. 
One thing I know that works for everyone... is to try! Think positive, find the good things, move a little, make a small step in the right direction. 
Maybe you don't want to do crunches, or jumping jacks. Do scissor kicks while laying on your side (NO impact on joints there) If you are having a hard time figuring out what might work for you, reach out to a professional or myself and let's research together!
You are NEVER alone! We can all do this together!



No comments:

Post a Comment